Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sensitive and Restricted Countries

There is so much that STL does that I can’t even write about in any public forum. There are many workers in unsafe countries…where it is a crime to believe in God. In one such Asia Pacific country, there is a brave, young, single girl who has been able to find creative access. She has a STL vehicle that she named after a Bible character. She did so because the vehicle is "so strong and indestructible."

For my part, I’ve always been a “news junkie.” But even more so now! I know people in countries that are in turmoil. I’ve bought STL vehicles for Convoy of Hope’s work in Haiti. I’ve been a part of getting a missionary in Chile a vehicle shortly after their big earthquake and tsunami. World events are so much more real and riveting when people you know are affected.

May God help us to remember those who daily risk their lives in other countries. And may God help us to never take for granted the freedoms we have here in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment